Play Ball

I got a half dozen scrapbook layouts done last weekend and boy was it FUN!! I forgot how much joy I get out of making layouts for my kids albums. I'm really behind on my son's book because boy layouts are just harder for me, so I made myself only work on his photos. I've been admiring {Jen Erickson's} layouts for awhile, she's on the Unity DT, and love the clean, cute layouts she does so I decided to try it.
I absolutely LOVE this layout!! It's way simpler than I usually do but I love that. The two colors really pop and the photos are just too cut, imho ;) My husband was throwing a baseball (a soft one) up onto the roof and Miller was trying to catch it as it came down. It was so cute because he would get so excited because he had no idea when it was coming or from were. He never caught it but you can tell from the pictures he had fun anyway :)
Here are a few detail shots:
The sun and clouds are from the Unity KOTM {A Pocket Full Of...}
The letter stamps are from the {ippity} set, {Alphabettically Adorable}. I've always thought of these letters as a bit girly but they totally worked for this layout just by keeping them simple :)
I don't have close up's but the little bird stamp is from {Nothing But Blue Skies} and the corner stamp is from {Confession: I (luv) Unity}

8 comments:

Elaine M said...

What wonderful pictures of your little guy - such fun memories!! LOVE your layout!!

Sparkle said...

This is so cute!

Crafty Dawn said...

Such a simple yet effective LO

Love Dawn xx

Danni said...

What a fun, wonderful layout!

Kelly Landers said...

Maria what another awesome layout!! I really need to scrap again!! I keep saying that don't I??

Eva said...

awwwwwwwwwwww.....this is just adorable!!! Love the clouds and the title work and of course sweet pictures!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just adorable! love this layout!

Heather said...

Awesomelicious layout Maria! Too fabu!