Saturday, April 24th

Got any plans tonight?? You should join the {ippity} design team as we host a few challenges on Splitcoast's {Virtual Scrapbooking Night}. {Lisa} and I worked together to create a reality TV challenge inspired by VH1's Rock of Love....tell me you watched it!! I'm addicted to reality tv crap and can't get enough of other people's drama...and this show is drama filled :)
The Rock of Love challenge is a sketch (drawn by me from the Rock of Love logo) and a Top Ten List challenge from Lisa. Since the show is about rocker Bret Michaels you also have to add a music element to your theme!! Luckily {ippity} has the stamp sets {Music of my Heart} and {Love in Return} which are perfect for this challenge. I combined both on my layout of my daughter Macy from halloween.
I have to say I was worried after I drew up the sketch that I wouldn't be able to pull it off..but it pushed me outside my comfort zone and I totally LOVE the way it turned out :)
Here is a detail shot:I stamped the music notes on a piece of cardboard and tore and distressed the edges for added texture.
Come by tonight and join us for a FUN challenge and some chit chat!!

3 comments:

lynn said...

what a great pic and page!

Kelly Landers said...

It was fun chatting with you tonight! I sure love your layout!

Jen said...

Your page is so fun...sorry I missed the party!