Monday, August 23rd

They are gone...they are ALL gone.... Today is the first day of school for ALL of my kiddos and Macy and Mattea are both gone all day. WOW...it's weird. It's nothing new really...they have all been in school together before but this year Mattea is in all day kindergarten so I have two kids gone all day. I'm still undecided about what I think about it. Today I'm enjoying the quiet and the free time because boy did this house need cleaned....I've avoided it for the last few weeks of summer and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!
I made today's card using the {Mojo Monday sketch} and this weeks {Hippity Hop Challenge}. Karen challenged us to use paint on our project so I distressed the edges of my card with white acrylic paint...just realized it doesn't really go with the cream....hmmmmm...shopping today too ;)I stamped the Daddy and me stamp from {Authentic Man} in Real Red, Night of Navy, More Mustard and Old Olive. A little ribbon and it's done...I think I will save this for my hubby for his birthday :)
Now head on over to the {ippity} blog to check out this weeks hop participants.
Thanks for stopping by!
PhotobucketTo purchase {ippity} stamps, please {CLICK HERE} to go to my sales blog!

15 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one fabulous card. Love the colors and the stamps you used.

FibreJunky said...

I don't think I would have noticed that it "didn't go" if you hadn't said anything.

I remember the first time all 5 of my kids were in school. The house sure felt empty. Eventually, I came to love it. Now I crave it, but with the older two having graduated, I don't get it anymore! They've come back and they don't want to leave!!

Best of luck to you and the little ones.

Angie Blom said...

oh love this.. great daddy card!!

lynn said...

gorgeous colors, maria!-this is the first paint technique i thought to do-love it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is darling! Love the colors you used! :)

Martha said...

so cute.

Carisa said...

oh my this is amazing! was so great to meet you this weekend! i just love your style & your new blog background too. makes me want a blog lift. LOL

Ginny said...

Very pretty Maria! That is a good use for that stamp too!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Oh Marie this is simply fabulous! I just love the design.
Lisa a.

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!

Karen said...

Maria..I love how you painted the edges of the card and then added the stitching. This sure does add an extra flair to your FABULOUS card!!! I love the 4 colored squares and that ippity stamp was perfect for it!!

Kelly Landers said...

Super cute Maria!! I love the colors of your blocks and think you really rocked both challenges! :-)

Gardner's Basket said...

I love what you did with this set, so original!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I love your style--this is so perfect and fun! LOVE the stamping and the paint...and that ribbon!! LOVE it all:)

Kimmarie Baker said...

Great "dad" card! I am sure he will love it. Enjoy the quiet, it won't happen around here until Sept. 7.