Thursday, September 9th

So do you play along with the {Hip Hop} sketch challenges each week? I love a great sketch...it's always the perfect jump off point. This week we are on challenge 24 and this is the first scrapbook layout...check it out: The layout came from {Christi Snow} and was drawn up by me. I knew I had to play...I LOVE this sketch.
Lucky for me I created the perfect moment to scrapbook last week. I had the most peaceful morning all to myself with the kids at school. I was feeling really happy, and carefree...a morning of crafting can do that to me. Well apparently I was too carefree because I locked myself out of the house on my way to pick up my son. I grabbed the ladder and broke into the only open window in the house :) I shoved Miller through the window and he let us in. Of course I had to take pics...I wanted to remember this day.He loved going through the window and was pretty proud of himself for helping. Want to see a close up of the key I made using the {ippity} set {Music of my Heart}...it's my favorite part.
It's lots of silver embossing powder...doesn't it look cool!! I'm already working on a tutorial for next week on how I made this....but today head on over to the {ippity} blog were our guest designer Angie has this weeks tutorial :)
Next Blog

21 comments:

AJ said...

Maria- love this layout-

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hello Maria,

What a wonderful layout! Good thing you got back into your home this way and love the photos you made!! What a cute and happy face Miller has here! That key is very, very pretty the way you made it! It looks like a real old silver key, very nice! Looking forward to the tutorial you will make! Wonderful layout!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Lisa H. said...

love pages like these-capturing those rare moments. so fun! love your design, too. the rounded, dotted rectangles look great with your title and LOVE the key!

lynn said...

such a great story, and page, maria! LOVE the key:)

Jen E. said...

your layout is super cute. i like the design and colors.

Katie Cotton said...

how hilarious!!!!! LOVE the layout!!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Love that key!!! What a fun story to scrap. Glad you made it back in! hehe.

lisa a.

JPScraps said...

Love this layout. Can't wait to see your tutorial

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome layout. You captured this moment. Great details and just love the stamps you used with this sketch.

veggiegirlRD said...

too funny! i have been locked out so many times with a kid inside (usually they are the ones who shut the door)

Lacey said...

Great layout! Too funny!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful layout Maria!!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH NO--sorry you got locked out! Lucky to have that ladder there! I love that key and the way you did the title! LOVE that ribbon too:) SUPER cute:)

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout! And that key is VERY cool!!!!

Pamela said...

Love it!!! :)

stampjourney said...

Super layout!

Eva said...

What a great layout based on the sketch and what a funny story...LOL....can't wait to see your tutorial!!!

Valerie said...

great page layout! Look forward for to the tutitorial

Shemaine Smith said...

Ha that's a cute layout!! Love it! It's the little memories like this one that I love scrapbooking too!

Ola said...

Love it.... what a great layout! That key is amazing... can't wait to see the turorial!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Angie Blom said...

OH my this is just amazing. I love this layout and what a great story to share.