Monday, October 18th

I have a multiple challenge card today....love when I can do that :)
I really REALLY wanted to participate in {Embellish Magazine's} color challenge. Something about these colors just kept calling my name. They are just a bit unexpected...and I love any color combo with red in it :) I also really wanted to try making a felt flower using my {MFT Rolled Flower die}..these might be addicting.I happened to luck out with this color combo too...{Karen} is our H{ippity} Hop hostess and she challenged us to use pink in honor of breast cancer awareness.I can't tell you how happy I am with how this card turned out. I was on a MAJOR mojo flop and this card took me two and a half hours....I almost gave up a few different times. I mean I had the color combo...I had this weeks {Mojo Sketch} so basically everything was all planned out and I was just at a loss. Good news is this card FINALLY gave me my mojo back...YAY!!
Plus, I found a new place in my house to take pictures of my cards and the light is so much better...this makes me happy too!!! Make sure you stop by the {Mojo Monday blog} to play along with this weeks sketch and see some Mojo Maker eyecandy. The {ippity} blog should be your next stop...lots of FANTASTIC inspiration on their today too!!!

Need some {ippity}?!?! {CLICK HERE} to go to my sales blog...I have all the sets available for purchase.

I used {Regal Greetings} for today's card :)

31 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi! What is a MFT rolled flower die? Your flower is awesome and Ive been looking for ideas on making my own but some are so complicated and then don't come out so well, so I end up just buying them. (and punches always look like, well, punches!) But i love this and your card is great!TFS

Keva said...

I think it is just great! Love the colors and that felt flower is just adorable!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

beautiful love your take on the Embellish Challenge!!!

StampinCathy said...

Love this card. I just loved how you combined all the challenges on this card.

Bogner's said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your homemade flower!

dahlhousedesigns said...

So pretty!!! Love IT!

lisa a.

Banu said...

Stunning card and that flower is just gorgeous. COOL!!!

Scrapenabler said...

Absolutely love this card! I love all of the elements and the color combo is great!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Such a pretty card!

Crystal Cantu said...

Great color combo and sketch. Love the end result!

Carisa said...

this is just stunning! i think you nailed it lady! i love making these rolled flowers & now i want to try with some felt. hehe too bad i dont have any lying around!

Rona said...

beautiful card!! love the bow and the dots and the color combo!! Great card

Susan B. said...

Cute card! I like your big red flower.

Sarah said...

great card...the flower is awesome!

Corry said...

yep, super card, love the combo and your flower.

Jeanne said...

Love the color combo... great job!!! thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Maria, what a fantastic design and card!!! Love THAT flower! Love all your elements...and what a fabulous place for your picture! I need to find a better place to take pic's...but I usually take them at night! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation!

lynn said...

maria, i LOVE this card! cute rolled flower!

Scrapcollectr said...

Mojos are finicky things, aren't they? Yours came through though. The result is beautiful!
=D

JenMarie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

JenMarie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Cute! way to go on the challenges!

Andrea said...

very pretty! love the color combo!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute card--love that flower!! So fun! And that ribbon--beautiful! TFS:)

Eva said...

Maria, well, the 2.5 hours was worth working on this gorgeous card....I just love everything about it!!!

Jules! said...

very, very sweet card! love the details especially the flower and lace border.

Mary Friederichsen said...

Maria, I am so glad that you didn't give up! This is beautiful!!
I do understand however how you felt...I go thru that a lot!! But the WCMD challenges did help me with that...it helped me discover a few things about myself! :)
Anyway, thank you for sharing.your card is beautiful and that flower is gorgeous!!
Have a great week!

Lillian Child said...

I can so relate to your frustration, as there have been cards where I just wanted to throw up my hands after working on them longer than I expected. But perseverence definitely paid off as your card is just beautiful - and to meet more than one challenge at a time is a challenge in and of itself. GREAT JOB!

Lisa H. said...

oh, Maria. this makes me smile. love it. the dots, that flower, the sentiment-it's all just so pretty!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Such a pretty card, Maria! That flower is simply amazing! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge!

Sarah Martina said...

Oh my goodness is this SWEET or what?! Love those darling polka dots! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!