Thursday, October 28th

Welcome Hip Hoppers!!!! Today is our second Flip Flop Hip Hop.....they are so much fun!! I love getting to use my Unity sets...make sure you start the hop at the {Unity blog} so you don't miss anything...you know you want to see what the Unity DT did with their {ippity} stamps right?!?
Today's Hip Hop theme is ENCOURAGEMENT because October is breast cancer awareness month. Since I've been lucky enough to have no one close to me get breast cancer I was a little stumped at first. Once the brainstorming started I realized their are so many times in our lives when we need encouragement.
My daughter Mattea is 5 and is...ummm....well....a handful! She has been my difficult child since birth...I'm pretty sure she always will be. She can be sweet as pie...the most amazing kid in the whole word but she has an alter ego ;) She is constantly getting praise from her teachers and even other kids parents...I can't tell you how many times parents have come up to me just to say how helpful she is. She is SUPER GOOD at school...I think she must need to vent when she comes home because the ornery comes pouring out.
They have a color system at school {purple, green, yellow and red)...they start on green and go to yellow and red when they get in trouble and can move up to purple when they have been REALLY good. She is on purple quite a bit...yesterday in fact. When they end the day on purple or green they get to pick something from the tresure box. I decided to make a chart for home to "encourage" her to be just as good here.
She loves it! Hope it works :)
The board is actually a magnetic dry erase board that I covered with patterned paper. This way it's easy to move the little marker.
Here is a close up of the magnet I made using the Unity set {Garden Variety} and the sentiment is from the set {School Rock Star}. The background piece is cut from a piece of cardboard and then I paper pieced the ribbon.Here are a few close up of the flowers from the KOTM {Delightful Moments}.
Make sure you check out the {Unity site} today...they are releasing 4 BRAND NEW Jillibean Soup kits today. I'm a HUGE Jillibean fan so you can bet you will be seeing them here soon.
AND come chat with us on the {SCS forums} for a chance to win some stamps.
Now hop on over to {Stephanie's blog} to see her fantabulous project :)
Next Blog
Have a GREAT day!!!

30 comments:

Eva said...

This is so cute Maria...and so happy that Mattea loves it, too. I bet she will be encouraged with this cute project.

lynn said...

maria, this turned out just darling!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Maria,

Love the idea of this!! What a fun way to have a look at behaviour and with the lovely way you decorated it, it's even more fun!! I'm sure she'll love it and wants to stay in purple all the time! Purple is my favorite color, so I would want that as well, hi hi!!

Hugs, Wendy

Bogner's said...

How adorable! I hope she stays in purple! What a great way to stay consistent in her "be good" training!

Lisa H. said...

oooo! great idea and that is the cutest chart EVER! love it, Maria.

JPScraps said...

Great project. I really could have used it when dd was little.....

pink lady said...

This is fab Maria, such a great idea for your little girl. I sympathise with you having a difficult child...I have one too...my little girl is about to turn 3 and we are having real problems with her tantrums...hopefully they will grow out of it...hugs Shelly x

Erika said...

Amazing project. So pretty!

Jennine Chambers said...

Maria, I just love your project. As a teacher I think it is great that you are incorporating the discipline/praise system they do at school into your home. I hope it is successful.

Lillian Child said...

What a fabulous project, Maria! And thanks for sharing your story! Made me smile out loud!

NoraAnne said...

What a great idea! and so cute at the same time! I hope it works for you and brings you some sanity at home :)

Erika M. said...

Love it!

Noelle Reese said...

How cute is this? I love it! Everyone always says our little darlings save their 'best' behavior for us :)

Katie said...

What a great idea!!! Love it!! TFS! Katie

Vickie said...

Love the colors. TFS

Jen said...

Such a fun project Maria! I'm sure your daughter will stay in purple...but it's okay if she slips to another color...we certainly all have our days, right? *smile* Way to go 'mom'!

marilyn said...

FABULOUS project--you definitely have a sweet child!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous work!!

Pamela said...

This is cool! I love it! :)

Angie Blom said...

OH love love this idea Maria.. amazing project!!

Theresa said...

What a great card! Love the stripes of color!

FibreJunky said...

You knnow, maybe I need to do something like this for my 11yo...

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GREAT idea!! Just love your ribbon--you always have the best ribbon!! Love all the buttons too:)

Amanda said...

I love your color chart! I hope this helps her!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow what a great project just beautiful!!!!

Lisa said...

What a great idea - this is absolutely adorable!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Such a fantastic idea and I love how you decorated your board.

lisa a.

Rona said...

This is a fabulous idea!!! I had the same issues with my DD and she is 16 now - very sweet but STUBBORN and well she just never gives up when she wants something - I think she will do very BIG things someday and I don't want to break her spirit but some days...

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a super cute project and a wonderful idea to encourage better behavior at home! Glad to hear that Mattea likes the idea too!