Thursday, October 7th - Post 2

***This is post 2 of 2 today...please scroll down to see my Paper Makeup Stamps post.***
Today we are celebrating a super SPECIAL day for a super SPECIAL {ippity} design team member.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!!!
Her birthday is tomorrow..make sure you leave her LOTS of love!
Of course the rest of the design team couldn't go without celebrating so we decided to make her cards and projects with a cupcake theme...fun huh!
Here is my birthday card for Karen (it's in the mail)I used {THIS} cupcake template...I was going to make my card cupcake shaped but I don't do shaped cards well...so I decided one big delicious one on the front was good too. I was having trouble deciding on how to decorate the base and finally it hit me...foil. I ran a few sheets of foil through my crimper and voila. Well actually it took a few attempts and I finally had to back it with cardstock and then run it through so that it would hold it's shape as I tried to attach it. I think it turned out pretty cute. Hubby thought it was "pure genius"...hehe.
The {ippity} stamps I used were:
and
Both stamp sets are available on my {SALES BLOG}
Now hop on over to {Stephanie's blog}....she was just officially welcomed on full time as an {ippity} dt member....so HAPPY!!!!!
Next Blog
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

23 comments:

Eva said...

Maria, this is one gorgeous cupcake celebration card!! Love that big cupcake and flower...I know Karen will love it, too!

cindy said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for the link.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Maria,

What a pretty card! Love how you gave that pretty flower two colors this way, looks great!

Hugs,
Wendy

Lisa H. said...

I love it Maria and so will Karen. What a great giant cupcake, template.

JPScraps said...

"Sweet" card!

Teri A said...

I love this card it is so cute

Thanks,
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

Erika said...

Cute card. I just love it. TFS

Bogner's said...

I love how you made the top of your cake go on the outside of the card! I love your card!

Lillian Child said...

Karen will absolutely ADORE this card, Maria!!

Angie Blom said...

Oh this is just too beautiful Maria.. I love your cupcake and the flower.. beautiful.

Christi Snow said...

oooh, I love how you used the silver as your cupcake cup....such a fabulous card! smiles....

Jacqueline said...

Soooo cute!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Oh, your giant cupcake totally trumps mine!!! Love that foil idea, genius girl! Absolutely adorable card and I just know karen will love it.

lisa a.

Karen said...

Aww Maria..you all are making me start to cry with such happiness! Your DH is totally right that you are pure genious on crimping that foil on the cupcake!! I love that added effect as much as the sweet beautiful flower and huge cupcake on the front! The colors, stitching, design and everything about this GORGEOUS card make me feel very SPECIAL! Thanks so much!! Miss ya too!

Warm hugs,
Karen

NoraAnne said...

Wow, your hubby is right~pure genius!!!! You are making me need to go out and buy a crimper~for some reason, I have never bought one in all these years of papercrafting! LOL!
This is just TOO cute, Karen is going to love it!

hilde janbroers said...

Oh wow what a great card!!! I love it! and what a great stamps!!!

Kristi B. said...

Yummy card! Thanks for sharing. :)

Brooke said...

cute colors and SO sweet!!!!!!!!

Rona said...

super cute - love that sentiment with the cupcake!!

Shelly said...

Love, love, love the stitching!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a sweet card love the flower!!!

lynn said...

how smart you are! love the crimped foil, maria:)

Lisa said...

GREAT cupcake!!!!!