Thursday, December 30th

Hip hopping colorless here today :) I was feeling a soft monotone card and hadn't done one in awhile. I always like all the elements individually and then once it's done it's SO HARD not to add a POP of color....I still think it needs just a sprinkle. Not sure where or even what color but I have a hard time leaving a card like this alone....guess it's time to get it in the mail and quit thinking about it :)
I used the bird stamp from the {ippity} set:
and it's easily turning into one of my faves :)
It's FUN to color...to paper piece...or even leave it uncolored
the possibilities are endless and I LOVE that about this stamp!
I also used the happy birthday sentiment from:
This is the perfect sentiment set for ANY occasion...trust me...you NEED this set :)
If you didn't start off at the Unity blog make sure you {CLICK HERE} to head back there now. If you are bopping along in order then you are off to see what Stephanie has for you today :)
Next Blog
Hope you all have a HAPPY and SAFE new year :)
Bring on 2011!!!!!!
250

24 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

oh, what a great card ! love it !
greetings, martina
x

lynn said...

soft and beautiful, maria! happy new year!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

OMG Maria this is just gorgeous!!!!

jennifer mitten said...

Pretty card - I like the monotone effect...

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous! love the colorless look-very stunning and that rustic bow makes me smile.

Jennine Chambers said...

absolutely beautiful Maria, I rally like that soft look!

Angie Blom said...

OH MY MARIA!!! I am a sucker for everything in one colour. this is GORGEOUS!! I so love it!! hugs and smoochesxx

NoraAnne said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Perfect choice of borders and edges! Fabulous card! Happy New Year!

Erika said...

Maria your card is stunning. I love it. Happy New Year!

Nicolle Kramer said...

I love your card....thanx for the inspiration..:)

stampjourney said...

Beautiful card! Happy 2011~

Maren said...

So subtle and soft.....BEAUTIFUL!

Michele Gross said...

OOOOoooohh! I loooovvvee this! So soft, so sweet and I love the monochromatic colors! Awesomeness! (btw, down to 148 in my google, how you doin'?) hehe

dahlhousedesigns said...

So pretty Maria! I love your monochromatic card... happy 2011!!!

lisa a.

Becky Dunham said...

What a beautiful card! I have never tried a soft monotone before and I can see what you mean by wanting to add some color - I would probably have added a red button or something - but I like your idea of just mailing it! Thanks for sharing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--love the monochromatic feel! BEAUTIFUL:)

Debc06 said...

The card is perfect. Love the stamps you used. Have a wonderful New Year

marilyn said...

Very elegant.

Eva said...

Maria, I just adore the soft tone on this card, the layout and your jute with the button in the middle is just a perfect edition, not to mention the sweet scallops! Hugs....

Pam said...

Fab monchromatic look on your creation and a wonderful layout.

Anne said...

Very Cool!

{jennie} said...

Beautiful card! The monochromatic look is so pretty.
Happy New Year!

Emily Leiphart said...

I have a hard time making monochromatic cards and you pulled this off beautifully! I love all the sponged layers, too. Happy New Year, Maria! :)

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! This is one breath taking card Maria! I just love the colors and that loopy loop bow is just perfect.