Monday, January 10th

Okay...I REALLY need you to use your imagination here today :)
This is today's {Mojo Monday} sketch....
and this is my card...
see...if you flip the sketch on it's side...imagine that the scallops are a seperate layer and squint ever so slightly at the screen...it's EXACTLY the sketch.
Do you see it?!?!
Well...it's there...but this card sort of ran away with itself but it is based on the sketch...just a looser interpretation. I'll do better next week...PROMISE ;)
I used the {ippity} stamp sets:
It's ALSO a card for this weeks second part of the {Final Twist Challenge}
Last week we gave you the sketch...this week's challenge is a
COLOR CHALLENGE
I'm this month's hostess so I got to choose ALL the elements...but I'm warning you to ENJOY these colors while you can. I've been warned...I'm mean asked nicely...by my {ippity} design team members to lay off of this color combo :)
No one likes it but me...I hope you all play and blow this color combo out of the water so I have someone on my side ;)
Next Blog

Now head on over to {Stephanie's} blog for her card today...and then it's back to the {ippity} blog to check out all the H{ippity} Hop posts :)
250

20 comments:

Lisa H. said...

no imagination needed! love this Maria, it's a great take on the sketch and of course the classic color combo is wonderful!

StampinCathy said...

I just love this card Maria!

Eva said...

Maria, this is soooooo FUN and gorgeous...love the jeans and your take on the pretty sketch, it's just perfect and fresh!!! And sorry from banning you to use this color combo ever again....bruhahahaha....

Angie Blom said...

fantastic how you used those scallops.. love it Maria.

lynn said...

totally see it! very creative use of the sketche, maria!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh Maria I love this and I Love the Jeans what a clever idea!!!!

Sheri said...

Maria, I totally saw it, even before you explained it. Lots of fun. And you know what, that's what I love about any kind of challenge -- it gets you thinking, it inspires and it makes you create. Nice job.

Gardner's Basket said...

Very nice!! I love the way you used the denim.

Bogner's said...

Oh I love the denim and the buttons with the star! SO pretty!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great take on the sketch, and I love the way you've used the scallops :)

Karen said...

I adore that jean, stitching, and your take on the MOJO sketch...very clever and it works girl!!! This is one amazing American style card and I just totally LOVE it!!

stampjourney said...

I love this! So festive and patriotic!

Michele Gross said...

Its awesome! Love the big star!! :)

Gwen said...

Love your card! And this color combo is great, might give it a try after I get over this miserable flu!

Eryn Hagen said...

ohhhh lala...LOVE how you used DENIM in this card...GENIUS! this is just PERFECT!!

Andrea said...

love the denim! super clever!!

Elisabeth said...

Oh this card is awesome...I too am not a huge fan of red, white and blue...but I am a huge fan of this card!

{jennie} said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch, even if it is not exact! That's the fun of sketches.

FibreJunky said...

Okay, I can see it! I don't even have to squint!! I wish I had the courage to stray more from the exact details of a sketch. I love how you did it.

Joan Ervin said...

What a super cool design...love the scallops and how you used the denim....such awesome work!!!!