Wednesday, January 12th

So I was cleaning yesterday...blah...but LONG overdue.
I don't know about you but cleaning makes me crabby....I LOVE to have a clean house...but the whole process of getting there....well SUCKS!
BUT I was starting to go crazy looking at all the clutter so it was time...I spent ALL day cleaning :(
During my few (or more) Facebook pit stops...I stopped by my friend Angie's new blog. She has this SWEET mixed media canvas project that I was dying to make. You can see it {HERE}. Anyway...I was CRAVING creativity...plus cleaning my house always makes me want to decorate. So...instead of buying something new I altered something old.
I've had these birdhouses since before I was married and have always loved them. The problem was the colors really didn't go with the living room anymore.
SO...I altered them
I've had a slight obsession with white in my house for awhile...especially shabby chippy white. I think they work so much better this way. The keys are from Tim Holtz {HERE}...and they have just been taking up space in my craft room.

I tied them on with some twine...which I'm addicted to right now...and ta-dah!!
NOW...the house is clean...ALMOST ;) and my need to be creative yesterday was accomplished. This took about 20 minutes because I brushed the paint on really thin and then just sanded the edges down.

I'll be back soon with another card :)

250

To purchase {ippity} stamps, please {CLICK HERE} to go to my sales blog!

6 comments:

dahlhousedesigns said...

Maria! These are so fabulous!!! They look so amazing repainted white and the keys are a perfect touch! Awesome girl!

lisa a.

Jenny said...

I LOVE how they turned out! They look amazing!

StampinCathy said...

Love the birdhouses and I really love them even more after you altered them. I just love your creative style.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great way to start the new year...the bird housed look fabulous with the white paint....love your wall color, too!!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Very crafty project and oh so pretty! Love the addition of the keys and twine!

Angie Blom said...

beautiful alterations.. I have a ton of bird house that I need to paint. love the keys and twine.. great project.