Monday, March 14th {Post 2}

{Post 2 of 2 today...please scroll down to see my Rubbernecker preview card}
I've been eagerly anticipating this week's H{ippity} Hop inspiration photo. I absolutely LOVE this photo and need a few of these pillows...it's so cute! Everytime I looked at the picture I couldn't get past that big yellow flower so I made one :)The yellow polka dot paper is from {Jillibean Soup}. I cut a bunch of circles with my {Nesties} and distressed the edges before I layed them. I adhered them all a little off center just for a bit more interest. The leaves are from the {ippity} stamp set {Now and Always} and the sentiment is from {Fall for You}.
In the end I LOVE the great big flower and will probably be making more but the card feels a little unfinished. I tried a few different things but couldn't ever seem to fall in love with it. I think these flowers would rock on a scrapbook layout though :)
Now head over to see what Steph came up with for today's challenge.
Next Blog
And don't forget to scroll down to see this weeks {Mojo Monday} card and my {Rubbernecker Stamps} preview.
250

18 comments:

Vanessa Middleton said...

AWWW! Love your card this week, Maria! :)

dahlhousedesigns said...

Oh, so pretty Maria. I love how you were inspired by the pillow. Fabulous! I just adore that little cloud topper.

lisa a.

StampinCathy said...

I just love that birthday flower. Love how you did the stitches and those clouds.

Eva said...

Maria, I think it looks gorgeous, just the way it is! And yeah, that yellow flower sure is one gorgeous focal point...I agree, they would totally rock on a layout!!! Hugs...

Lisa H. said...

well, I don't think it's unfinshed at all! LOOOVE it. that flower is Gorgeous!

Andrea said...

what a great card!!!

Corry said...

it looks perfect as it is!!

My Angel said...

Very Pretty!

Patricia said...

Awesome card, Maria! Those flowers WOULD look great on a scrapbook page, wouldn't they?

Carisa said...

beautiful maria! i adore the flower you created!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is so pretty Maria! And I love the clouds that you added at the top! really cute!
Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Mary

Rona said...

this is soo stinkin' cute!!! love it

Angie Blom said...

oh beautiful card Maria.. love that flower.. and the added clouds.. AMAZING!!

NoraAnne said...

I LOVE your card :) The top border is so fun!

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how pretty, Maria. Love that big yellow flower on your card too :o)

K said...

You can see Spring right around the corner!

Bev Gerard said...

Okay Maria!
This is just plain FUN! What a happy card!

`Bev

lynn said...

love your take!