Monday, March 28th

Yep...we've done it again...hijacked the {ippity} blog for a special lady!!
Happy Birthday Lisa!!!
TODAY is {Lisa Arana's} birthday and we couldn't let the day pass without making our cards special for her. Hope you love it Lisa...it's in the mail...PROMISE :)
When I sat down to craft I wanted to channel my inner Lisa and make a killer CAS card. Obviously I failed on the CAS part. My craft room...like the rest of my house...is in UTTER CHAOS. These papers were peeking through the mess and I went with it. The patterns are all random...no planning took place...just go with the flow creativity. Might have to try this more often...except I HAVE to clean my craft room...I don't know how you messy crafters do it. I was running for the door when this card was done...clutter scares me :)
I used this week's {Mojo Monday sketch} for the card and stretched it to A2 again. I didn't zig zag stitch each panel but I did on the side (it was a mistake cover) for some reason I couldn't stitch straight to save my life :)
Next Blog
Now head on over to Stephanie's blog to see her card for Lisa :)

15 comments:

Karen said...

Love the MOJO sketch and how you made it a special birthday card for our Lisa!! I used the same dp's on my card too..how fun!! Love your sweet & beautiful card Maria!

Angie Blom said...

wow.. beautiful card Maria. it is perfect for the Mojo sketch. xx

Lone Pine Designs said...

I love all the layers and stitching...great card!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Maria... you should create in chaos more often! This is so fantastic and i love the zig zag cover up! Thank you so much for making my day special!

Love you,
Lisa a

lynn said...

very sweet card, maria! cute rolled flower, too!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! :)

Amanda said...

I love your card! The ribbon bow and the pink flower are my faves!

Patricia said...

I love the fun colors and the stitching!! Gorgeous card!!

Lisa H. said...

well, I think it is ABSOLUTely FAB!!!! I loove the mix of patterns and the stitching and the ribbon. it's all wonderful and Lisa will LOVE it!

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful card, such happy colors.

Eva said...

Maria, how FUN this card turned out to be...I guess having a messy craft room is not so bad after all. I have one of those, too...in fact no crafty room now, just our dining room table and you wouldn't want to see it...LOL. In fact we can't see it either...LOL....Anyway, fabulous card and I bet Lisa will LOVE it!!! Hugs...

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card!!!

Scrapcollectr said...

Wow, your lovely card has me thinkin'....
This should be a challenge sometime: use papers that are peeking out of your desktop....look at what you came up with! It's beautiful...
*smile*

AshKuku said...

I love such natural looks to creations.... Keeping it simple & yet so brilliant.... :)

Ash....
(http://hastkala-oceancihope.blogspot.com/)

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty and just love the colors, details and your creative style. Thanks for the inspiration.