Saturday, March 19th

Welcome to KinderStampO's 'Home is Where the Heart is' Blog Hop sponsored by {Unity Stamps}. Sit back and relax as you visit 15 amazing designers featuring projects inspired by the theme 'Home is Where the Heart is'!
If you have arrived here from {Jess B's blog} then you are in the right place and I hope you are enjoying the journey. If you just stopped by to say hello and want to join the hop then {CLICK HERE} to start from the top.
There will be a chance to win some PRIZES...the more you do...the better your chances:
*Leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop.
*Become a follower of the awesome designers if you aren't already.
*Become a Facebook follower of Unity Stamp Co. and thank them for sponsoring the hop.

Now onto my project :)
I bought this sign a month or so ago at my local dollar store:
Cute enough but I knew I would be altering it...this hop was the perfect excuse to get creative.
Since the theme is Home is Where the Heart Is...I thought it would be perfect to make something for MY home. Since we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and getting two of my kids rooms moved and decorated I had a few options but decided on my daughter Mattea's room. I'll be painting the walls a really like lavender and then white will be the other main color...with what else...pops of red and gingham :)
I think it turned out perfect!
I covered the magnetic board with paper and then painted the edges. I stitched and stamped and added eyelet lace and twine. I'm happy to report she loves it too!
The Unity Stamps set that I used was
an AWESOME co-brand with Melody Ross.
I LOVE this flower...I stamped it twice (once in green...once in purple)..cut around the outside and then popped up the purple flower with foam tape and added a cute red button to the center.
This border stamp was inked with my Stampin Up markers in red, burgundy and purple alternating. The lace and twine just helped soften the edges and cutesy it up :)
Here it is one more time with an older picture (3 in the picture...5 now) of Mattea on it...the cute little red magnets hold in on perfectly.I love that we can switch up the photo or she can add her art work too it.

Now you are off to {Meighan's blog} but here is a list of all the designers just in case:
Jess - www.KinderStampO.com
Karla Ivonne Guijarro - http://karlasloveblog.blogspot.com
Maria Gurnsey- YOU ARE HERE
250

43 comments:

Debc06 said...

Love your project. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

Rachel B said...

Maria, I love your wall decor. The little hanging was cute before, but I love how you changed it up! And the picture of your daughter is adorable.

Scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

Love the calender sentiment, but the project that you turned it into is even better. Love it. :D

Suz said...

awesome project thanks for the inspiration Maria

Tanya said...

WOW!! Both of your projects are simply AMAZING!!! I love the look of the calendar...very "homey".. the magnetic board.. AWESOME!!! The colors and stamps are too cute, BUT.. your lil girl is just GORGEOUS!! I couldn't think of anything better to add to the board!!

Hugs,
Tanya
freddylswillima@windstream.net

Liz said...

I am always amazed at altered items, this is fantastic

Houses Built of Cards said...

That frame is darling - but your little girl is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Who wouldn't want to make a special frame for a pic like that?!?!?!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcard.blogspot.com

Pammejo said...

Love your projects, but I love all things altered, TFS. I am a follower of your blog and of Unity Stamps

pammejo1@yahoo.ocm
http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a fabulous idea!
liz :o)

creative patti said...

I love this idea! Great Job! TFS!

Cathie w said...

great calander love it its awesome!!!!!!TFS!!!

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Jessica said...

These are great and fabu ideas. TFS

Jess B
thatzuneek@gmail.com

craft dreams said...

awwww.... this is sooooooo cute !!!! Martha C.
mcaballerobrito@hotmail.com

Catherine Schroeder said...

This turned out super adorable! Thanks for the idea! :D I love dollar store finds!

marilyn said...

WOW - love that you altered a dollar store find! Love the colors!
mnimmo@gmail.com
littlethingmemoryartist.blogspot.com

Kathy Harrison said...

What an adorable project, it is a perfect way to frame that adorable picture of your daughter.

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet project. I like the magnet idea and switching pictures. Thank You for sharing in the hop and for Unity to sponsor it too.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

shersl84bed said...

Such a cute cute frame for a pretty little girl. Makes me wish I had a daughter. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a granddaughter some day.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Michelle said...

Your project is super cute. The colors mesh perfectly.
TFS - mlcain0202 at yahoo dot com

sleeplesswonder said...

I love your wall hanging, your daughter is a real cutie. I am a new follower. Maybe come check out my blog as well?
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

lovescrapreflect said...

so loveeeeeeeeeeeee this calebwmartin@yahoo.com

BunnyFreak said...

Very clever. Love the project.

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

cute project. new follower.

mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

nice project. new follower.

mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

cute project. new follower.

mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

silvia said...

LOVE your altered magnetic board!!

Debican said...

This is so sweet. Super nice job.
Hugs, Debi

kristyscraps said...

Great project-I love that it is a magnet board...so versatile!
kristyscraps@sbcglobal.net

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey said...

You earn ♥♥♥♥♥+ for your wall decor!

Fond of your crafty-ness,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Eva said...

Maria, I already told you I love this, but I wanted to tell you again, because this is just the cutest wall hanging ever!

the 2 Pink Ladies said...

First, you have a precious looking daughter! I love how you altered the sign to create something that would go well with the decor in your daughter's room. Love it!
Hazel
hdhall6002 at sbcglobal dot net
or
the2pinkladies.com

Jennine Chambers said...

What a great project!!

Misty said...

What a beautiful project! Great idea!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Theresa said...

Love the LO. Sometimes its so hard to do a page with a bigger picture, this looks fantastic! GREAT colors!
TFS
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

felkatz said...

i so love this!! very very cute!!

tfs

felkatz at gmail dot com

Liz said...

What an ingenious project perfect you did a masterpiece beatiful set and what's not to love bout unity. They have some of the best designers in the world

Cyndi S said...

What a great wall hanger. Love it.
cstephenson at q dot com

Ladybugz Creations said...

Love this project way to reuse and redo.. awesome..

Trisha said...

Great repurposing. Love your project and that you can change up the photo. Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Kimmarie Baker said...

This is too cute and so is your daughter! I have to keep an eye out for signs like these. Great inspiration! tfs daughtersare3@yahoo.com http://kimmarieskorner.blogspot.com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE these projects! You are so amazing:) I love your papers...love the twine...love the ribbons....love love love your style:)

Dee said...

I love your project, it is so cute. I love the way you incorporated the unity stamps into your project. TFS and I am a follower. Have a great weekend.

designsfrommyheart@ymail.com
http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com

Lisa H. said...

how sweet is this???? love it, Maria!