Tuesday, March 8th

I'm joining in on the {rejection post blog hop}. Such a great idea. We all work so hard on submitting cards and then having them get rejected is no fun but part of the territory. I was lucky enough to get TWO accepted to the lastest issue of {Paper Crafts Magazine} and I was shocked to say the least. There were something like 2700 submissions....insane!!!! The acceptance letter day was creeping to a close and after stalking facebook ALL DAY...I gave up hope. I took out my disappointment on the kitchen.
A hammer, a flat head screwdriver, 30 minutes and two bandaids was all I needed to get the old tile backsplash down.
This is the before shot of the kitchen....after to follow in a few weeks :)
When I finished I found my happy email waiting in my inbox :)
But this post is about my reject right. I used sketch 81 for this card. I was actually going to skip this sketch because I figured lots of people would be using the button idea but these cute silver buttons were hoarded long enough...so I used them :) The sentiment is from the {ippity} stamp set:
{Where You Should Be}

9 comments:

Kittie said...

Maria, congratulations on getting two projects published. Woo Hoo1

Katie Cotton said...

LOVE that card! Cant wait to see how your kitchen turns out! :D

Jenny said...

I think this card turned out adorable! I love the twine behind the buttons! Good luck with the kitchen! CONGRATS on getting 2 cards picked up!

Glenda J said...

Congrats on the happy email! This is great too - absolutely lovely.

JaniceAileen said...

Love this!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome card and congrats on getting some stuff in the issue!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I love the embossing and the buttons--love the string! This is super cute:)

Maybe I should take some hammers to my tile floor for some good luck on m submission calls! LOL!

Lea L. said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the dry embossing in the background, and I love the neutral color scheme! It makes the cool buttons and sentiment really jump off the card!! Great job! ♥♥♥q

Alberta said...

Love it. It's so shabby chic. I'm loving the textures and the blingy buttons. Awesome!