Wednesday, May 25th

I made a card today....just for FUN!!
It was so nice.  The first official day of summer vacation and the kids spent the morning ACTUALLY playing nice together.  So I ran to to my craft room to take advantage of the peace.  It didn't last long...but long enough to play along with this weeks {CAS-ual Friday challenge}.
I used the NEW release background from {Rubbernecker} called {Poppy Panel}
I inked it up with my markers and I'm totally loving the effect.  I used Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie with some Real Red thrown in to make the flowers have some dimension.  It took some time but it was so worth the effort.
 In order to keep things CAS I tried to limit my layers...this is me trying :)  I think it's CAS though.  The vellum layer doesn't really count right??  I just wanted to soften the background a bit and make the bling I added pop.
The butterfly is from my FAVE set {Butterflies are Free}...I seriously reach for it everytime I think about making a Rubbernecker card.
The color were inspired by this week's {Color Throwndown challenge}.  I wasn't sure I was going to like them together but they grew on me as I worked.  I forgot how much I LOVE pink pirouette.
250
To purchase {ippity} stamps, please {CLICK HERE} to go to my sales blog!

8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Maria its fabulous! I love how you've created your own background and the vellum overlay is divine! Wonderful CAS card and I'm so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun and made a CAS card! Lovely stamping and design! The vellum is so pretty in this, too! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

This card is so beautiful!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Julie Day said...

Ooo pretty! Love the vellum stitched over the card front and the tiny gems look great on the small flowers :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, this is stunning! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

leanne said...

Fun card! I love your background.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So fun and pretty! Love how the vellum softens the flowery DP! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Ruth M said...

Very pretty card, I love the vellum overlay to soften the background, fab idea!